The ARI D-070-P combination dynamic air valve is a unique valve, operating without a float and utilizing the rolling diaphragm principle. This unique structure allows the dynamic air valve to discharge air from the water system in a controlled and gradual manner, thus preventing slam and local up-surges. When vacuum (down-surge) occurs, the valve reacts quickly to intake large volumes of air into the water system, thus impeding downsurges and, consequently, all pressure surges in the line. The kinetic air & vacuum component of the dynamic air valve is normally closed when the line is not operating, thus preventing the infiltration of foreign particles and insects into the water system.
- Standard installation on water systems when the pipeline diameter is 8" or greater.
- Installation on water systems for all pipeline diameters when the slope of the pipeline is greater than 2%-3%.
When the system is charged and the pipeline begins to fill with water, air flows in the pipeline and enters into the dynamic air valve, raising the large orifice sealing assembly to the open position. Air is then discharged, mainly out through the lower chamber large orifice as well as small amounts of air released out through upper chamber pilot orifice. When the ensuing water enters the dynamic air valve, it fills the lower chamber and some of it flows up through the orifice chamber and enters into the upper operating chamber, raising the float of the pilot which rolls the sealing mechanism to its sealed position. Pressure develops inside the upper operating chamber, bringing about a controlled lowering and sealing of the large orifice sealing
assembly, which, in turn, closes the lower chamber large orifice.
At this stage, only the automatic air release component continues to work and releases air through its small orifice.
With a reduction in line pressure, during drainage or shut-off, the pressure in the valve is reduced and is less then the outside atmospheric pressure. The vacuum created will cause the large orifice sealing assembly to rise up into its open position, opening the lower chamber large orifice and allowing the intake of air
from the atmosphere into the system.
- Working pressure: 0.2 to 10 bars.
- Working Temperature: 60°C
- Maximum instantaneous working temperature: 90°C
- Valve body and interior components are made from composite materials and are corrosion-resistant.
- Prevents slam and causes a reduction of water surges in the air valve and the pipeline.
- Prevents the intrusion of debris and contaminants into the system.
- Light weight and small for simple and reliable operation.
- Built-in connection for surplus water drainage at the outlet.
- Smooth and gradual closing unaffected by water flow.
- Extremely quiet closing.
- Automatic air release component releases
Upon ordering, please specify: model, size, working pressure, threads/flanges standard and type of liquid.