Arctic Bag Filter Housings
Pelmar Engineering offers a complete line of Arctic Bag Filter Housings to fulfill all your bag filtration needs. Our Bag Filter Housings are manufactured in a strict quality controlled environment. The designs are based on many years of industrial experience and provide maximum efficiency and reliability. The line includes both Over The Top (OT) and side Entry (SE) designs, four sizes P1 through P4 and three materials Carbon Steel, 304SS and 316SS.
- Large inventory in stock at all times
- 120, 150, and 300 psi Standard Models
- Swing bolt closures allow easy access (P1 and P2)
- Secure bag seal to prevent by-pass
- 316 stainless steel retainer basket
- up to 180 US gpm flow rate with less than 2 psi pressure drop
- Adjustable height – 3 leg stand
- Accepts industry standard P1, P2, P3 and P4 filter bags
- CRN Registration and ASME Code Stamp Available
Why Choose A Bag Filter System
Due to their high flow capabilities and low cost replacement elements, bag filter systems are the most economical way to filter a wide variety of medium to high volume liquid streams. Here are some of the other benefits.
- Solids retention from 1 to 800 microns available from low cost off the self filter bags.
- Flow rates of up to 180 US gallons per minute are possible. Higher flow rates can easily be accommodated with multiple single bag housings, or multi-bag housings.
- Energy efficient pressure requirements, generally 2 to 15 PSI (Clean to Dirty)
- Fast and Convenient bag changes are facilitated with quick release closures.
- No down stream contamination from filtered solids during change outs because unwanted solids are all collected inside the filter bag.
- Wide range of available sizes and piping configurations provide ease of installation into new or existing systems.
- Carbon Steel, 304SS and 316SS materials offer a wide spectrum of chemical compatibility.
- Our filter Bag Housings are designed to use industry standard Filter Bags giving a wide choice of supply for ongoing replacements.
- Incoming Plant Water (city or well supply)
Unexpected contamination from piping corrosion, silt, well sand or even from off-site municipal pipe line maintenance can cause significant and costly process problems.
- Heat Exchange Circuits
Contaminant build up in open or closed loop heat exchange systems greatly lowers system efficiency. Bag filter systems in the loop will help maintain efficiency and reduce maintenance costs.
- Equipment Protection
Valves, pump seals, spray nozzles and other process equipment all need protection from unwanted solids. A low pressure drop bag filter system is an economical and efficient way to provide this protection.
- Purifying Finished Products
Bag filter system are ideal to clarify or classify a wide variety of liquid products; High viscosity inks, ointments, paints, varnishes and adhesives or lower viscosity food products, household cleaners, industrial chemicals or many other liquids.
- Pre Filtration
Bag filters are ideally suited to protect and extend the life of more expensive downstream filtration elements. (RO, DI, etc.)