Vortec ATEX VORTEX A/C
ATEX Vortex A/C Coolers are designed specifically for purged * Electrical enclosures in ATEX Zones 2 and 22 and Temperature Class T4 areas. The ATEX Vortex A/C incorporates the most up-to-date features into Vortec’s line of highly reliable, cost effective enclosure coolers.
- Sleek, modern design
- Noise reduction of 78%, when compared to other vortex enclosure coolers
- Energy use reduction through its integral mechanical thermostat
- Quick and easy installation in about 5 minutes
- Flexible installation: top, side or front (door) mount
- Incorporates check valve to prevent loss of enclosure pressure when cooling is not required
- ATEX Certification Ex II 3 GD T4
- Tamp -20°C to 80°C (-4°F to 175°F)
- T4 Temperature Class rating
The ATEX Vortex A/C is available in 4 different cooling capacities from 900 to 5,000 BTU/hr. All of Vortec’s Enclosure Coolers keep Electrical and Electronic Enclosures cool, clean and protected and are a low cost alternative to expensive, high maintenance air conditioners; and avoid contamination with dirty, humid air caused by fans. Today’s small, compact multi-function electronic controls, variable speed drives, servos and programmable logic controllers are extremely sensitive to heat and contamination. Smaller cabinet sizes make temperature control difficult and prone to premature failures. Excessive heat will cause digital displays to misread, controls to drift, and breakers to trip below rated loads. The result is productivity lost due to machine or line shutdowns.
ATEX Vortex A/Cs maintain a slight pressurization on the cabinet to keep electrical and electronic components clean and dry; and most are thermostatically controlled to maintain enclosure temperatures within a specified temperature range.
* Purge system not included with purchase
Models and Specifications:
Need help choosing a cooler? A Pelmar Engineering Application Specialist can help! Please download our Panel Cooler Questionnaire: